Chelsea F., Dr. Robert Martin, Amanda D.
Dr. Robert Martin is a Fellow of the American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons and heads our Joint Replacement Services focusing on:
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee, Hip and Shoulder Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement for limited arthritis
- Revision Knee Replacement (total knee replacement)
Dr. Martin is one of the surgeons at the UNC Nash Joint Replacement Center. The Center focuses on a comprehensive integrated care model that includes:
Robert C. Martin, DO, FAAOS
Back To Top
- Pre-surgical education classes for the patient and family members
- A dedicated surgical team to perform the surgery
- A surgical recovery ward of the hospital and nursing staff dedicated to joint replacement patients
- A discharge planning team that arranges post-surgical equipment and physical therapy for care after leaving the hospital
- Because the surgery is minimally invasive the majority of joint replacement patients just spend one night in the hospital with no stitches to remove after surgery.